‘David (With Goliath)’ Rebecca Ladds, 2011.
For my digital printmaking studio we’re supposed to play around with creating images using nothing but various brushes on photoshop. This is merely a late-night experiment using my roommate’s pen tablet which I’m using for the first time ever. I actually despise creating digital graphics but after playing around for a couple hours I can definitely see the appeal.
No idea where this came from I just looked up and it happened (sometimes that’s the best!). You’ll be seeing the ACTUAL assignment soon and it will be a combination of digital and traditional printing techniques.
If you’ve never messed around with the brush tools on photoshop, try it out! Especially if you hate it.
Stay inspired! <3
‘Austere Gentleman’ Rebecca Ladds, 2011.
Single colour lithograph.
Quick update and random art school blogging:
- For those of you who asked, my last two litho prints (and any I create in the new future) WILL be for sale, but I am having to hold on to them until my final critique at the end of the semester, so they won’t be listed until early December.
- Midterm assignment duedates are killing me. I write this to all of you from a third all-nighter pulled within a week and a half.
- Sleep is important. Get some if you can! (I should follow my own advice. *yawwwns*)
- I CANNOT WAIT until I get these last prints and essays out of the way, so I can begin working on this (see photo) 50 INCH x 6 FOOT ROLL OF STONEHENGE PAPER (eeeeeeeeek!) and make frequent updates on its progress. It’s just a personal project, but I’ve been itching to do something new and exciting and HUGE.
- I’ll finally be posting the finished Canonization pieces within the next month, and I have an idea for one more.
- And I know I suck at keeping it updated, but my etsy shop will continue to be updated within the next few weeks. As will your questions be answered.
But for now: Stay well all of you, listen to Bikini Kill, and have a beautiful day. ;)
Another experiement I did on the side from a screenprint project I’m working on. When I get the thing built I will be sure to show you. Out last project we were forbidden to print on paper, so we had to get creative…